PROPERTY DIVISION IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
When contemplating going through a divorce, you may begin to wonder what property will be legally yours. During the early stages of the divorce proceedings, the courts will assume that all assets are marital property and should be divided equally. You should note that in divorces cases, “equally” is not always measured monetarily and property ma not necessarily be divided 50/50. The courts may consider the following factors in the distribution of property:
- Custody and care of any minor children
- Each spouse’s occupation, career skills, health, age, and needs, as well as their ability to acquire income
- Any action that contributed to the increase or decrease of property
- Any action by one spouse to help develop the career of the other
- Any action by either spouse that caused the failure of the marriage
- Other relevant factors
If one spouse is found to be lacking from one of the above factors, the court may award more property to the other party or make an order for alimony.
Get Representation for Your Divorce!
To ensure that your best interests are represented in your case, you should obtain counsel from a seasoned divorce attorney at Buckley Law Offices, P.C. Here are some reasons why you should retain our firm to help with your case:
- Our team holds more than two decades of experience.
- We offer affordable representation, starting with a free consultation!
- You will be meeting directly with a licensed attorney and can expect one on-one attention.
No matter how complex your situation may be, our legal team is ready to fight for you. Our goal is to protect you and your family, while resolving your disputes in a timely manner. To contact our divorce lawyer, call (603) 874-1022 or fill out an online contact form. We offer a free case evaluation so you can discuss your options before committing to our firm! Let us answer all your questions and alleviate your concerns.